ESL has released information about the North American Open Qualifier for their upcoming ESL One New York event, scheduled to take place this fall, between October 3-4, at the Madison Square Garden. ESL One New York Open Qualifiers were already held for Europe and Southeast Asia with north America being the last and final region. Sign-up links, dates and rules for the North American open qualifiers can be found below.
All the information regarding the ESL One NY NA Open Qualifier on the 29th August! Sign up now! http://t.co/32YUD8nbFw
— ESL Dota2 (@ESLDota2) August 24, 2015
The ESL One New York Open Qualifiers are an open and free to join tournaments, where teams will fight for 1 of the 4 slots available on the North American Qualifiers for the ESL One NY Main Qualifiers.
Last weekend the European and SEA open qualifiers were held. Artur “Goblak” Kostenko’s stack, “newteam123123″, Golden Boys (formerly London Conspiracy) and Abraxas claimed the three spots for Europe.
In the SEA region Soundblaster BackTick from Malaysia, Kingdom from Singapore, Team B from the Philippines and Team Underminer from Malaysia were the four teams to advance.
ESL One New York Open Qualifiers: North America
- Dates: Saturday, August 29th – Sunday, August 30th
- Teams need to sign up in order to compete in the Open Qualifiers.
- Check-in: Saturday, August 29th, 2:30 – 3:00pm EDT
- Start: Saturday, August 29th, 3:00pm EDT
- Size: Unlimited
- Structure: Single elimination
- Top 4 teams will advance to the ESL One New York North American Main Qualifier.
- All games before the Round of 16 will be played on Saturday, August 29th, as best-of-one series. The games from Round of 16 to the finals will be played on Sunday, August 30th, as best-of-three series.
- Each team has 15 minutes to show up to a match (match date +15 minutes). Showing up after 15 minutes results in a default loss.
- Teams are not allowed to change players after the start of a match.
- The use of stand-ins is allowed. All players must be registered on the ESL website and assigned to the team they are playing for (including stand-ins). The use of unregistered players on a match may result in a default loss.
- In the same game, the total pause time can’t be longer than 10 minutes.
- If a player drops or is lagging duo to a DDOS attack, the pause rule is applied. There are no exceptions for DDOS attacks. It’s the player’s responsibility to protect himself against DDOS attacks.
- Other rules are available here.
ESL One New York
ESL One New York will be held between October 3rd and 4th at the Madison Square Garden. This year’s event will feature a starting prize-pool of $250,000, almost double the final amount of last year’s prize fund. Invited teams have not yet been announced, although many expect to see the reigning champions ViCi Gaming in attendance, as well as ESL One Frankfurt champions, Team Secret.
Extra activities have been added to this year’s schedule:
- Meet Your Heroes – Participants will have the opportunity to meet their favorite players and community personalities
- Strategy Sessions – Participants will get to sit down with the pros and learn their strategies, mindset and drafts
- Play with the Pros – Participants can play alongside or against pro players
- Dota 2 Shop – Dota 2 merchandise as well as the newest gaming hardware will be on sale during the event
Tickets for ESL One New York can be purchased online through ESL website, at Ticket Master or at the Madison Square Garden Box Office.
Based on strong community feedback, ESL has decided to reduce the ticket prices for the event and provide refunds for those who have already purchased tickets.
- Day ticket: $59 reduced to $39 ($20 refund)
- Weekend ticket: $89 reduced to $59 ($30 refund)
- Premium ticket: $269 reduced to $169 ($100 refund)
Refunds will only be given at the event itself, on October 3rd and 4th. In order to claim any refunds, ticket holders who purchased their tickets before August 4th will need to visit the ESL Shop at the Madison Square Garden Theater with proof of purchase and ID.
Further details are available on the ESL One New York website.