Battle Cup Winter 2017 is here! The first matches for the popular Battle Cup will begin starting tomorrow, January 28th, in five regions – China, SEA, Europe, North America and South America. Highly anticipated, the Battle Cup Winter 2017 will grant six champions cup winning teams a spot in the regional qualifiers for the Kiev Major.
— Wykrhm Reddy (@wykrhm) January 26, 2017
Valve has released Battle Cup Winter 2017, the incredibly popular and highly participated community based tournament.
As previously indicated, six winners of the prestigious Champions Cup held after the battle cup season will be granted a spot in the Kiev Major regional qualifiers.
The Winter Battle Pass will be released forthcoming, but for now fans can begin to participate in the Battle Cup Winter 2017 starting tomorrow, January 28th.
Battle Cup Winter 2017
Battle Cup Winter 2017 features an eight-team, single-elimination, Captains Mode tournament bracket. Players of any level and age are invited to become part of the action.
Battle Cup Winter 2017 schedule
Battle Cup Winter 2017 participation details
Full details and FAQ can be found HERE.
- Players do not need to have a Battle Pass or even a calibrated MMR. Any account with a profile badge over level 25 is eligible to join the tournament.
- Registration for teams begins at the start time scheduled for each region.
- Teams have one hour from start to enter the queue and find an opponent.
- Matches begin as soon as an opponent is found.
- Tournament matches are determined by tier and geographic location – MMR and language preferences are not calculated in. Each Fall Major 2016 Battle Cup player has an individual tournament tier, which is initially determined by MMR. After the initial tier value is set, player MMR is not used in any way in the Fall Major 2016 Battle Cup.
- Individual tournament tier increases with multiple wins and decreases based on early losses.
- Team tier is determined by the highest individual tier on the team.
- Teams may elect to enter the cup at the next higher tier to increase individual tier faster if they win.
- Forfeits, byes and refunds are all possible during the Battle Cup Winter 2017, based on team queuing and opponents.
- Once the Battle Cup Winter 2017 tournament begins, no substitutes are allowed.
- Incomplete rosters or individual players can check the meetup chat room in each region’s tournament division to help find players.
- Server crashes will result in ticket refunds and team tournament stats updated.
- Each player receives a Battle Cup Winter 2017 score for the duration of the season which is visible on the Friends’ Leaderboard.
- All Battle Cup Winter 2017 participants earn 10 points for joining, 20 for advancing past first round, 40 for reaching the finals and 70 for winning the tournament.
Battle Cup Winter 2017 rewards
— Wykrhm Reddy (@wykrhm) January 27, 2017
Each player on the Battle Cup Winter 2017 Championship team will receive:
- Two Winter 2017 Treasures and four levels on their Winter Battle Pass.
- In-game trophy to be displayed on the profile, which tracks number of Battle Cup Winter 2017 tournaments won.
- Champion Prestige effects for one week as reigning champions – includes champion status, streak counter, emoticons and the Champion Effigy.
Battle Cup Winter 2017 tickets
- All compendium owners are given 1 free ticket and then another 5 after reaching level 29.
- Battle Cup Winter 2017 tickets are available for purchase for $0.99 in the Dota 2 store.
- Each team is required to provide 5 tickets for entrance – there is no restriction on how the five tickets are gathered. One player can use five tickets, each player can use one or any combination to equal five.
- Battle Cup Winter 2017 tickets are not tradeable or giftable.
Battle Cup Winter 2017 Champions Cup
- Battle Cup Winter 2017 Tier 8 – the highest tier of the cup.
- The Champions Cup is a special Battle Cup tournament held after the end of the regular season
- Players earn the entry fee to this exclusive event—a golden ticket—by obtaining a sufficiently high Battle Cup Score in their tier.
- Battle Cup Score needed to qualify will be announced later in the season.
- Players interested in reaching this goal can maximize their chances by participating each week at the same tier—and winning.
- In addition to the established route through Open Qualifiers, the Champions Cup offers a new path for any player to compete in the Dota 2 Majors.
- Starting with the Spring 2017 Major, one slot from each Regional Qualifier will be filled by a team of tier-8 Champions Cup winners from the previous Battle Cup season.
- Once the Battle Cup Winter 2017 Champions Cup has concluded, every player that won a tier-8 Champions Cup will be eligible to form a team with other tier-8 champions to compete in one of six Spring Major Battle Cup Qualifiers, with the winners of each earning a spot in their Regional Qualifier.