ESL One Manila Philippine qualifiers have determined Mineski to be the regional representatives in the ESL One Manila Main event. The team was able to seize their place when they overwhelmed TnC 3:1. Mineski will now be joining the other teams – Team Secret, EHOME, Team Liquid, compLexity Gaming, Team Empire and two regional representatives from China and SEA to compete for the $250,000 prize pool from April 22-24.
— ESL (@ESL) March 21, 2016
ESL One Manila Philippine qualifiers have determined the local representatives. Mineski was able to best their regional rivals, TnC Gaming 3:1 in the best-of-five grand finals, seizing the place in the main event for the Philippines.
Mineski will join the top rated list of teams to participate in the event. EHOME, Team Liquid, Team Secret, Team Empire and comLexity Gaming are already locked in to compete for the $250,000 prize pool from April 22-24 in Manila, Philippines.
In effort to grow the local scene and showcase regional talent, a local Filipino Dota 2 team was given their own set of qualifiers to determine one team to compete alongside some of the best Dota 2 teams in the world.
Mineski was among the four teams directly invited to participate in the regional qualifiers. After starting in the second round, they swept through Arcanys’ and then Acion Arena 2:0 to advance to the Grand Finals.
TnC was one of the other four teams that began in the second round. They also swept through both of their opponents 2:0 – Phoenix and XctN.
The ESL One Manila Philippine qualifiers teams
The invited teams are ranked in a tier system that was used for ESL One Frankfurt 2015. The Tier 1 invites start in the first round against the four qualified teams. The Tier 2 invites start in the quarterfinals against the previous round’s victors.
Filipino Round 2 invites
*note there is only a second tier invite for the Philippines
- TNC Pro Team
ESL One Manila Philippine qualifiers schedule
- All games were best-of-three
- Grand Finals were best-of-five
ESL One Manila schedule
The new adjusted schedule will extend the tournament by one more day of competition. It will now start on Friday, April 22nd, with the initial group stage games.
ESL One Manila format
ESL One Manila format groupstage
- ESL One Manila group stage will be played in a classic GSL format.
- The eight participating teams will be split up into two groups of four.
In each group, the teams will play best-of-three matches, as shown below:
Match #1: Team A vs. Team B
Match #2: Team C vs. Team D
Winners’ match (WM): Winner of Match #1 vs. winner of Match #2 – winner advances to the Upper Bracket
Losers’ match (EM): Loser of Match #1 vs. loser of Match #2 – loser drops to the Lower Bracket
Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM – winner advances to the Upper Bracket and loser drops to Lower Bracket
- The group stage will determine the seeding for the main event.
- Four teams will be seeded into the main event Upper Brackets, while the remaining four will start the main event in the Lower Brackets.
- No teams will be eliminated in the group stage.
ESL One Manila format: Main event
- All teams will play a double-elimination bracket.
- Four teams (top two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Upper Bracket.
- Four teams (bottom two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Lower Bracket.
- All the Upper Bracket match-ups will be best-of-three series.
- The first round of the Lower Bracket matches will be best-of-one elimination series. The following rounds will be best-of-three elimination series.
- The Grand Finals will be best-of-five series, with no winners’ advantage.
ESL One Manila teams
ESL One Manila invited teams
- Team Liquid
- Team Secret
ESL One Manila qualified teams
Qualifiers are currently still underway
- ESL One Manila Americas spot: compLexity Gaming
- ESL One Manila European spot: Team Empire
- ESL One Manila Chinese spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila Filipino spot: Mineski
- ESL One Manila SEA spot: TBD
ESL One Manila
On December 8th ESL One announced the organization’s first Dota 2 tournament to be held in Southeast Asia. ESL One Manila will be organized in collaboration with PLDT Fibr and GameX and is Southeast Asia’s first premier esports event.
ESL One Manila will take place between April 22-24, at the Mall of Asia Arena, in Manila, Philippines.
ESL One Manila tickets
Tickets have gone on sale and are available for prices ranging from $10 for a general admission two-day pass, to $106 for VIP tickets which include free food and drinks, goodie bags, exclusive signing sessions and premium seating in front of the stage.
ESL One Manila will be hosted at the Mall of Asia Arena
The Mall of Asia Arena is an indoor arena within the SM Mall of Asia complex, in Manila, Philippines. A rather new, state-of-the-art building, the arena has only been inaugurated in 2012 and has a seating capacity of 16,000 for sporting events, and a full house capacity of 20,000.