The TI6 groups, Wild Card brackets and changes to next year’s Major system have been revealed at the players’ meeting in Seattle, earlier today. The TI6 groups and Wild Card stage outline the path that teams will have to take in order to become champions of The International 6.
The TI6 Wild Card series will take place on Tuesday, August 2nd, starting at 09:00 PDT/18:00 CEST, between compLexity Gaming, EHOME, Escape Gaming and Execration.
UPDATE (August 13th):
TI6 final standings, updates and highlights – HERE
The TI6 groups and Wild Card brackets have finally been revealed. Teams and fans were chomping at the bit to see which match-ups would be set up first.
Four teams will be competing in the Wild Card stage, chasing for the two main event spots available. The other fourteen teams that have already seized main event spots are left with two full days of scrims, planning strategies and scouting reports now that their opponents have been announced for the TI6 groups.
In addition some updates to the Dota 2 Major system have been communicated. According to the social media of various players and personalities, there will only be two instead of three Majors next year. One major will be held before the end of this year and one will be held in 2017 before TI7.
Roster Change process will also undergo so adjustments. There will be two different dates in the window for release and for join and substitutes can be added after the qualifiers.
— Matthew Bailey (@Cyborgmatt) August 1, 2016
- August 2nd – TI6 Wild Card Series
- August 3rd-5th – TI6 Group Stage
- August 8th – 13th – TI6 Main Event
All matches start at 09:00 PDT/18:00 CEST and will be on a rolling schedule, meaning back-to-back action, with matches following the other ones once they’re done.
TI6 Wild Card series
The Wild Card series contenders: Execration (SEA Qualifiers), EHOME (Chinese Qualifiers), compLexity Gaming (Americas Qualifiers), Escape Gaming (European Qualifiers)
TI6 Wild Card Brackets
TI6 Wild Card format
- Top two teams will advance to Group Stage.
- Bottom two teams will be eliminated.
- All matches will be best-of-three series.
TI6 Group Stage teams
- Six invited teams: OG, Team Liquid, Na’Vi, MVP.Phoenix, LGD Gaming, Newbee
- Eight qualified teams: Team Secret (TI6 European Qualifiers),Alliance (TI6 European Qualifiers), TnC Pro Gaming (TI6 SEA Qualifiers), Fnatic (TI6 SEA Qualifiers), Evil Geniuses (TI6 Americas Qualifiers), Digital Chaos (TI6 Americas Qualifiers), Wings Gaming (TI6 Chinese Qualifiers), ViCi Gaming.Reborn (TI6 Chinese Qualifiers)
- Two teams from the Wild Card Series
TI6 Group Stage format
- Two groups of eight teams
- Teams will play every other team in their group in a two-game series
- All 16 teams will advance to the TI6 Main Event
- Top four teams in each group will advance into the Upper Brackets of the Main Event
- Bottom four teams in each group will be placed into the Lower Brackets of the Main Event
TI6 Main Event
- Sixteen teams will play a double elimination bracket, over the course of six days
- Eight teams will start in the Upper Brackets
- The remaining eight teams will start in the Lower Brackets
- The first round of the Lower Brackets will be played as a best-of-one series
- All the other encounters will be best-of-three series
- The International 6 Grand Finals will be best-of-five series
TI6 prize pool distribution
The total prize pool currently stands at a staggering $19,012,660.
- 1st place – 44% – $8,371,389
- 2nd place -16.5% – $3,139,271
- 3rd place – 10.5% – $1,997,718
- 4th place – 7% – $1,331,812
- 5th/6th place – 4.5% – $856,165
- 7th/8th place – 2.5% – $475,647
- 9th-12th place – 1.5% – $285,388
- 13th-16th place – 0.5% – $95,129
TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups TI6 groups
Exciting stuff! Just a few more hours to go! Can’t wait!August 2, 2016 at 4:11 am
Secret vs DC again. Can’t waitAugust 3, 2016 at 1:20 am