The Summit 4 brackets, schedule and format have been released in preparation of the event scheduled to begin December 9. Over the course of five days, eight teams will be competing in a double elimination bracket for the $100,000 prize pool in Los Angeles, California. The first match will take place between two upcoming fan favorites, OG vs Mineski at 19:00 CET.
— BeyondTheSummit (@BeyondTheSummit) December 5, 2015
The Summit 4 brackets, schedule and format have been officially released, giving fans a glimpse into what to expect the first day.
OG will face off against Mineski while ViCi Gaming will face Virtus.Pro on the first day. EHOME, Team Liquid, Digital Chaos and Evil Geniuses will compete on the second day.
Summit 4 format
The Summit 4 will be held as a double elimination bracket format. All eight teams will start in the upper bracket and all matches will be best-of-three. The grand finals will be best-of-five format with no upper bracket advantage.
Four teams will compete on the first day, December 9th, followed by the remaining four teas competing on the second day. December 11th will be the first day two teams will be eliminated. Three teams will be eliminated the following day during the Lower Bracket quarter and semi finals. The final three teams will compete on the last day of the event, December 13th, for the Lower Bracket finals and Grand finals.
Summit 4 brackets
Summit 4 schedule
The Summit 4 qualified teams
- Mineksi (SEA qualifier winner)
- Team Liquid (EU qualifier winner #1)
- ViCi Gaming (Chinese qualifier winner #1)
- Digital Chaos (Americas qualifier winner)
- EHOME (Chinese qualifier winner #2)
- OG (European qualifier winner #2)
The Summit 4 direct invite
- Evil Geniuses
Summit 4 talent team
- David “LD” Gorman: COMMENTATOR
- David “GODZ” Parker: COMMENTATOR
- Ben “MERLINI” Wu: COMMENTATOR
- Chan “WINTER” Littbinn: COMMENTATOR
- Dakota “KOTLGUY” Cox: COMMENTATOR
- Ioannis “FOGGED” Loucas: COMMENTATOR
- Ted “PYRIONFLAX” Forsyth: SHENANIGANS
- Jacob “SIRACTIONSLACKS” Kanner: TOMFOOLERY
- Vitalti “V1LAT” Volochai
- Rustam “ADEKVAT” Mavliutov
- Roman “CASPERRR” Lepokhin
- Viktor “GODHUNT” Volkov
The Summit 4
The main event scheduled for December 9-13 will line up a total of eight teams competing for a prize pool starting at $100,000. In addition to the qualified teams from each of the four regions, there will be two directly invited teams. This year, BTS was not be able to reinstate the Redemption Vote for the upcoming Summit 4 due to issues with third party compendiums in Reborn.
The Summit 4 Prize Pool
The Summit 4 will feature a $100,000 minimum prize pool, which has grown to become a $110,411 prize pool. Full travel support will be provided to the teams.