ProDota Cup 3 is already underway. The third installment of this event will see sixteen invited teams competing for a $5,000 prize pool. Changes for the US region include a total of 10 teams competing in a group stage before advancing to the playoffs. STARK and Enso kicked things off yesterday, with STARK sweeping Enso 2:0. The action continues in Europe today at 15:00 CET as HWA will take on the Danish Bears. Unknown and EWolves will set things in motion in the US at 22:00 CET.
— ProDotA EU (@ProdotaEu) February 8, 2016
The organizers at ProDota Cup waste no time in keeping things going for teams. The second season ended on January 31st in Europe with an action packed decisive fifth game, giving Ad Finem their first championship title as they reigned over T.RoX. In the US region, EWolves took a convincing victory 3:0 over Leviathan for the title.
Ten days later, ProDota Cup 3 is already in action.
This time we will not make any qualifiers but expand the EU cup with 16 teams and double elimination bracket. We made a little change at US cup aswell, we will start with 10 teams in Group Stages and then the teams will complete a single elimination round!
ProDota 3 format
Sixteen invited teams:
- The main event is set to take place between February 9th-22nd.
- The tournament will be held in a double elimination bracket format.
Ten invited teams:
- The event is set to take place between February 10th-22nd
- The tournament will begin in a group stage format
- Teams will be divided into two groups of five
- Top four teams from each group will advance to the playoffs
- playoffs will be held in a single elimination bracket format.
ProDota Cup 3 prize pool
Each region will have a $5,000 prize pool.
Prize pool distribution:
- 1st place: $3500
- 2nd place: $1000
- 3rd place: $500