ESL One Manila SEA Open Qualifiers will take place this weekend, February 27th. Four teams will advance to the regional qualifiers. ESL One Manila will be the region’s first premium Dota 2 event boasting a $250,000 prize pool. The main event will be held April 22-24th. Manila will also be the location for the Spring Major two months later.
— ESL Dota2 (@ESLDota2) February 23, 2016
ESL One has announced ESL One Manila SEA Open Qualifiers will be taking place February 27th. So far 82 teams have signed up.
Unlike the Europe Open Qualifiers,and ESL One America Open Qualifiers, the ESL One Manila SEA Open Qualifiers will take place over the course of one day, with the top four teams advancing to the regional qualifiers.
The winner of the regional qualifiers will then advance to take their place among the top teams in the world for Southeast Asia’s first premier Dota 2 event. The main event will take place in Manila, Philippines April 22-24th. Eight teams will compete for the $250,000 prize pool.
Five teams will qualify for the event – one from America, one from Europe, one from China, one from the Philippines and one from Southeast Asia.
The Philippines Open Qualifier began on Sunday, January 24th and take place over the course of seven weeks. These open qualifiers are only available for Filipino teams to give one local team a place in the main event.
ESL One Manila SEA Open Qualifiers
The open qualifiers will take place on February 27th.
Register teams here.
ESL One Manila SEA Open Qualifiers Day 1
- Saturday February 2th
- Check in Time at 10:00 SGT/03:00 CET
- Start Time at 11:00 SGT/04:00 CET
- Compete until Round of 8
- All matches are best-of-one
- Finals will be best-of-three
- Top four teams will advance to the regional qualifiers
ESL One Manila schedule
The new adjusted schedule will extend the tournament by one more day of competition. It will now start on Friday, April 22nd, with the initial group stage games.
ESL One Manila format
ESL One Manila format groupstage
- ESL One Manila group stage will be played in a classic GSL format.
- The eight participating teams will be split up into two groups of four.
In each group, the teams will play best-of-three matches, as shown below:
Match #1: Team A vs. Team B
Match #2: Team C vs. Team D
Winners’ match (WM): Winner of Match #1 vs. winner of Match #2 – winner advances to the Upper Bracket
Losers’ match (EM): Loser of Match #1 vs. loser of Match #2 – loser drops to the Lower Bracket
Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM – winner advances to the Upper Bracket and loser drops to Lower Bracket
- The group stage will determine the seeding for the main event.
- Four teams will be seeded into the main event Upper Brackets, while the remaining four will start the main event in the Lower Brackets.
- No teams will be eliminated in the group stage.
ESL One Manila format: Main event
- All teams will play a double-elimination bracket.
- Four teams (top two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Upper Bracket.
- Four teams (bottom two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Lower Bracket.
- All the Upper Bracket match-ups will be best-of-three series.
- The first round of the Lower Bracket matches will be best-of-one elimination series. The following rounds will be best-of-three elimination series.
- The Grand Finals will be best-of-five series, with no winners’ advantage.
ESL One Manila teams
ESL One Manila invited teams
- Team Liquid
- Team Secret
ESL One Manila qualified teams
Qualifiers are currently still underway
- ESL One Manila Americas spot: compLexity Gaming
- ESL One Manila European spot: Team Empire
- ESL One Manila Chinese spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila Filipino spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila SEA spot: TBD
ESL One Manila
On December 8th ESL One announced the organization’s first Dota 2 tournament to be held in Southeast Asia. ESL One Manila will be organized in collaboration with PLDT Fibr and GameX and is Southeast Asia’s first premier esports event.
ESL One Manila will take place between April 23-24, at the Mall of Asia Arena, in Manila, Philippines.
In effort to grow the local scene and showcase regional talent, a local Filipino Dota 2 team will qualify to compete alongside some of the best Dota 2 teams in the world for a $250,000 prize pool.
ESL One Manila tickets
Tickets have gone on sale and are available for prices ranging from $10 for a general admission two-day pass, to $106 for VIP tickets which include free food and drinks, goodie bags, exclusive signing sessions and premium seating in front of the stage.
ESL One Manila will be hosted at the Mall of Asia Arena
The Mall of Asia Arena is an indoor arena within the SM Mall of Asia complex, in Manila, Philippines. A rather new, state-of-the-art building, the arena has only been inaugurated in 2012 and has a seating capacity of 16,000 for sporting events, and a full house capacity of 20,000.