Virtus.Pro is the second team to qualify for Dot Pit Season 5. The team defeated Team Empire 3:0 in the Grand Finals last night of the CIS Qualifier bracket. VP will represent the CIS region at the LAN event. Four more teams will qualify for the main event. Team Secret has already qualified while Wings Gaming and Digital Chaos have accepted their direct invites to attend Dota Pit Season 5. The LAN will be held in Split, Croatia and feature eight of the best teams battling it out for the $125,000 base prize pool in January.
— DotaPit.com (@DotaPit) October 25, 2016
The CIS Qualifier bracket for Dota Pit Season 5 granted Virtus.Pro the honor of representing their region at the LAN event in Split, Croatia at the end of January.
Virtus.Pro grabbed the spot after a 3:0 victory over Team Empire.
The finals were delayed approximately four hours as VP waited for Team Empire to finish their run in the Boston Major EU open qualifiers #2. When Empire was then eliminated in Round of 32 by ATN, they then registered for the Boston Major NA open qualifiers #2 starting five minutes later – for another shot to compete in a closed qualifier.
LOL. Empire just signed up for America Open Qual. Rip.
— Dakota (@KotLguy) October 25, 2016
Their decision resulted in a defwin 3:0 to VP, however shortly after the Empire seemed to change their mind and switched to participating in the finals for Dota Pit Season 5 CIS Qualifier bracket. Virtus.Pro were then given a one game defwin for Empire missing the first match.
The following two games were heavily one sided, the first ending in only 15 minutes in favor of VP and the second in only 23 minutes.
This season only two teams have been directly invited instead of four as in Season 4. China will be able to participate with their own qualifier sending a representative from the region and CIS will have their own qualifier to send a team from.
Six teams will qualify from the groups in each of the regions, joining the two directly invited teams – Wings Gaming and Digital Chaos to compete in the The Dota Pit League Season 5 LAN event scheduled to take place January 19-22nd.
The eight teams will compete for the $125,000 base prize pool that can be increased through in-game ticket sales on sale for $1.99 HERE and sets available soon.
Dota Pit League Season 5 regional qualifiers
- Six regional groups total
- EU – 2 groups – Group 1: Alliance, Kaipi, OG, ATN
- EU – 2 groups – Group 2: Team Secret, Ad Finem, Team Liquid, Flipsid3 Tactics
- CIS – 1 group – Vega, Virtus.Pro, Na’Vi, Team Empire
- SEA – 1 group – Mineski, Fnatic, Execration, MVP
- CN – 1 group – Newbee, Invictus Gaming, ViCi Gaming, EHOME
- NA – 1 group – Complexity, Team NP, Evil Geniuses, TBA (last team will be announced soon)
- Double Elimination Group Stage format
- Beginning October 15
- One winner from each group will advance to the LAN
Dota Pit League Season 5 Lan event
- Eight teams total
- Six qualified teams – Team Secret, Virtus.Pro + 4 TBD
- Two directly invited teams – Wings Gaming/Digital Chaos
- LAN location in Split, Croatia
- January 19th-22nd
Dota Pit Season 4
The >Dota Pit Season 4 LAN finals were held at the Spaladium Arena in Split, Croatia. The venue boasted a 10,000 seating capacity and was built in 2008.
MVP.Phoenix became the DotaPit LAN Champions, as they completely dominated Evil Geniuses and swept through them 3:0.
Dota Pit Season 4 prize pool
The total prize pool ended at $195,274.
- 1st place – $97,637 MVP Phoenix
- 2nd place – $46,866 Evil Geniuses
- 3rd-4th place -$25,386 compLexity Gaming/Natus Vincere