WePlay Season 3 groups and format has been revealed. One day following the confirmation of Ad Finem replacing Fnatic in the playoffs, additional details for the event have been released. One week until Team Spirit, EG, MVP.Phoenix, Team Liquid, Ad Finem, EWolves and Vega Squadron to compete for the $200,000 base prize pool. The playoffs are scheduled to take place at the International Exhibition Hall in Kiev, Ukraine April 28-May 1st.
On the heels of the announcement confirming Ad Finem completing the line-up in lieu of Fnatic, the organizers have revealed the final groups and format.
The eight participating teams – Team Spirit, Evil Geniuses, MVP.Phoenix, Team Liquid, Ad Finem, EWolves and Vega Squadron will be split into two groups.
WePlay Season 3 playoffs will begin one day earlier than originally expected, on April 28th. The first day of the event will serve as the group stage to determine seeding for the playoff brackets.
The groupstage will be be played in best-of-one format, with the first games for each team being a best-of-three series.
The playoffs are best-of-three double elimination with grand finals being best-of-five.
WePlay Season 3 groups
- Team Liquid
- Team Spirit
- Vega Squadron
- Evil Geniuses
- Ad Finem
WePlay Season 3
In January, WePlay League announced their return for season three.
Season 2 was held in 2013, with Na’Vi being crowned champions after besting Alliance, 3:2. The CIS team walked away with the $25,000 first place prize.
WePlay Season 3 playoffs format
Evil Geniuses was the first confirmed invite on the organization’s website.
The LAN finals will be held in Kiev, Ukraine, at the International Exhibition Hall, between April 28-May 1st.
- 4 qualified and 4 directly invited teams will compete
- Teams split into two groups for group stage
- Group stage begins with best-of-three series, then best-of-one thereafter
- Double elimination playoff brackets
- Best-of-three playoff format
- Grand Finals best-of-five series
WePlay Season 3 playoffs prize pool distribution:
The prize pool can be increased by cosmetic set and ticket sales. The share is 10% of total sales; the share of ticket sales is 20% of total.
- 1st place: $100,000 + 30% of Dota 2 store sales share
- 2nd place: $40,000 + 20% of sales share
- 3rd place: $22,000 + 15% of sales share
- 4th place: $12,000 + 10% of sales share
- 5/6th place: $8,000 + 7.5% of sales share
- 7/8th place: $5,000 + 5% of sales share
***Teams, including manager, will also receive:
- paid flights and other travel expenses
- accommodation at a hotel ranked at least 4 stars
- three meals/day
- a practice area with 5 PCs per team
- a private players’ lounge
WePlay Season 3 playoffs sets
Increase of prize pool can be achieved by buying one of the four cosmetic sets created exclusively for WePlay S3.