The TI5 groups, Wild Card brackets and schedule for the main event have been revealed, outlining the path that teams will have to take in order to become champions of The International 5. The TI5 Wild Card series will take place on Sunday, July 26th, at 09:00 PDT/18:00 CEST, between CDEC, Team Archon, MVP.Phoenix and Vega Squadron.
UPDATE (August 9):
Evil Geniuses are your TI5 champions! Grand Finals VODS, summaries, pictures and highlights: here.
Adding to the already buzzing atmosphere of The International 5, Valve has released the TI5 groups, Wild Card brackets and match distribution. With the TI5 groups and schedule now set, teams and fans can now catch the first glimpse into the biggest Dota 2 tournament of the year.
TI5 Wild Card brackets
The TI5 Wild Card brackets will decide which two teams will claim the final two spots of the main event.
- Top two teams advance to the group stage
- Bottom two teams are eliminated
- All matches are best-of-three series
Games are broadcast simultaneously on three streams: Stream A, Stream B, and Stream C
Dota 2 fans can also catch all the games broadcasted live in 1080p, at 60 frames per second, on the DotaTV streaming platform.
Three games will be played simultaneously, each on its own stream. Streams will start at 09:00 PDT/18:00 CEST each day, beginning on Monday, July 27th, through July 30th.
The TI5 groups games will determine the seeding for the Main Event.
- Two groups of eight teams
- Teams play every other team in their group in a best-of-two series
- Top four teams in each group advance to the Upper Bracket of the Main Event
- Bottom four teams in each group advance to the Lower Bracket of the Main Event
- No teams will be eliminated in this stage
TI5 Group A
TI5 Group B
- July 26 – TI5 Wildcard Series (Broadcast begins at 18:00 CEST; each match will begin after the previous one concludes)
- July 27 – 30 – TI5 Group Stage (Broadcast begins at 18:00 CEST every day; each match will begin after the previous one concludes)
- August 3 – 8 – TI5 Main Event (Broadcast begins at 19:00 CEST; each match will begin after the previous one concludes)
TI5 prize pool
Currently, the total prize pool has reached $17,229,492. The TI5 prize pool is the largest prize fund in esports history, and has already exceeded the combined purses of The International 1, 2, 3, and 4.
TI5 prize pool distribution:
How to watch TI5
*Check back at the listing site often, as more events are being added all the time and check out our previous article on TI5 Pubstomps for details on how to register, find and attend events.
Featured Image: Dota 2/ Instagram
Leave a Reply