ProDota Cup NA 5 crowned a new champion last night. Shazam has taken the championship title after defeating Dragneel 3:1 in the Grand Finals. This is the team’s third ProDota Cup championship, having taken the first and third iteration titles as well.
ProDota Cup NA 5 ended its fifth edition of their monthly cup last night. Ten invited teams competed for the $5,000 prize pool. Shazam seized their third ProDota Cup NA title after triumphing over Dragneel 3:1 in the Grand Finals. Both teams have had strong performances in the region and recently had participated in the Manila Major NA regional qualifiers.
Shazam had a fantastic run in the event. The team reached the Grand Finals undefeated, taking down Enemy, Team Freedom and Dragneel 2:0.
Dragneel swept through the Peruvian team -paiN Gaming 2:0 and bested Kingdom Dota 2:1 before being dropped to the lower brackets by Shazam during the upper bracket finals. The NA squad then defeated Team Freedom 2:1 in the lower bracket finals to challenge Shazam in a re-match in the Grand Finals.
ProDota Cup NA 5 format
Ten invited teams:
*Dragneel replaced Wonder Wolfs
- The main event took place between May 7th-27th.
- The event began with group stage phase
- Teams were split into two groups of five
- Group Stage matches were best-of-two
- Two teams were eliminated
- Top four teams of each group advanced to playoffs
- All playoff matches were best-of-three
- Grand finals were best-of-five
- Upper Bracket team gained 1 game advantage
ProDota Cup NA 5 prize pool
The total prize pool for the event was $5,000.
Prize pool distribution:
- 1st place: $3500 – Shazam
- 2nd place: $1000 – Dragneel
- 3rd place: $500 – Team Freedom