Prestige World Wide has taken the SEA Kiev Major Champions Cup slot in the regional qualifiers – by default The North American team that has relocated to SEA was the only team to show up to the cup earlier today. The team is now one of ten to be vying in the Kiev Major SEA regional qualifiers for the one spot allocated to the region in the Kiev Major Main event.
Mario ‘Mario’ Gomez notified the required parties that his North American team had relocated to the SEA recently and asked which Kiev Major Champions Cup they should participate in. After checking with Valve, FaceIT admin Cristian “TheOmicron” Duca confirmed they were eligible to play in SEA.
The team was then the only one to show up for the Kiev Major SEA Champions Cup qualifier.
Only three regions were given an opportunity to participate via Champions Cup qualifiers – SEA, NA and EU. Teams from SA are permitted to participate in NA region while teams from CIS are invited to play in the EU region according to FaceIT administration.
Players are only eligible to participate in the Kiev Major Champions Cup qualifiers if they had won the Champions Cup last season and had a minimum of 110 points thus far for the new season.
Teams hopeful to participate for the next one – TI7 Champions Cup qualifiers will need to qualify for and win the upcoming Champions Cup – scheduled to be held in April.
Information regarding the Kiev Major Champions Cup Qualifiers has been poorly communicated and many feel poorly organized as it is being held the same day as the open qualifiers.
Prestige World Wide roster
Mario ‘Mario’ Gomez
Michael ‘MJW’ Nguyen
Mason ‘Remy’ Hewitt
Battle Cup Kiev Major Champions Cup
- Battle Cup Winter 2017 Tier 8 – the highest tier of the cup.
- The Champions Cup is a special Battle Cup tournament held after the end of the regular season
- Players earn the entry fee to this exclusive event—a golden ticket—by obtaining a sufficiently high Battle Cup Score in their tier.
- Battle Cup Score needed to qualify will be announced later in the season.
- Players interested in reaching this goal can maximize their chances by participating each week at the same tier—and winning.
- In addition to the established route through Open Qualifiers, the Champions Cup offers a new path for any player to compete in the Dota 2 Majors.
- Starting with the Spring 2017 Major, one slot from each Regional Qualifier will be filled by a team of tier-8 Champions Cup winners from the previous Battle Cup season.
- Once the Battle Cup Winter 2017 Champions Cup has concluded, every player that won a tier-8 Champions Cup will be eligible to form a team with other tier-8 champions to compete in one of six Spring Major Battle Cup Qualifiers, with the winners of each earning a spot in their Regional Qualifier.