ProDota National Cup has finally come to a conclusion after five months – with a decisive fifth game. Team Romania was crowned with the championship title after defeating Russia 3:2. The tournament began in September with 16 national teams competing for the $10,000 prize pool.
3-2, not bad 😀 Team Romania wins the 1st place in Nations Cup !
— Cosmin Nechifor (@Masakary) February 6, 2016
The ProDota National Cup came to end today with a decisive fifth game in the grand finals between Russia and Romania. Team Romania were declared the victors and will take home the $7,000 prize.
Team Russia had a clean journey to the grand finals during the playoff stage. They were able to advance undefeated as they swept through Ukraine, Romania and then Turkey.
Romania took out Finland and then Sweden 2:0 before being dropped to the lower brackets by Russia. In the lower brackets, they again swept through Finland 2:0 and bested Yugoslavia. Finally, the team wiped out Turkey in the lower brackets finals.
Team Romania’s roster: Grigorie “KeyaNo” Andrei, Razvan “iLLusionisT” Borceanu, Razvan “Synergy” Strat, Cosmin “Masakary” Nechifor, Mihai “Razvan” Razvan
ProDota National Cup
ProDotA National Cup announced a new tournament, featuring 16 national teams competing for a $10,000 prize pool. The event began September 21st.
Originally the tournament was expected to take place over a span of 2 weeks, however it took five months to declare a winner.
Captains were selected to represent their county and choose four other players from their nation to form a team. Scheduling became quite difficult to manage due to player’s primary team commitments since the teams were mixes of players from various teams.
We learned a lot from this first National Cup. It was a really long event because of the schedule conflicts within and between teams. For the next one, we will attempt to use national based teams that are already intact. We hope this will resolve the scheduling conflicts and the event can take place over a much shorter span of time.
– Sam “Sammy” Manuelson, Event organizer
ProDotA National Cup teams
Each team was comprised of players from a single nationality, proudly representing their country.
Representing countries included Finland, France, Sweden, Kazakhstan, Bosnia, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Romania, Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, United States, Turkey and Portugal.
Former 4ASC played as the Finish representatives, Cookiss represented Sweden and Russia was represented by a mix of Tier 1 players led by Khaled “sQreen” El-Khabbash and including Maxim “yoky-“ Kim, Vladimir “yol” Basov and Maxim “TpoH” Vernikov
Other notable representatives were Ukraine’s captain Roman “Resolut1on” Fominok, Titouan “PARIS” Merloz and Sébastien “7ckngMad” Debs for France, and former London Conspiracy teammates Nikos “ReaLaxXx” Kiazolis and Giorgos “SsaSpartan” Giannakopoulos representing Greece.
- Finland – Okcya, Trixi, Buugi, Vaalix, Nemphy
- France – rvp, socks/Paris, joraal, 7ckingmad, crio_j
- Sweden – Chrillee, Eresloco, SteffStyle, eskillz, Frigoleet
- Kazakhstan – StalCat, Mantis, TopoRRRR, Lucky, Italyashka
- Bosnia – MiLAN, ATTHESPEEDOFLIFE, Emperor, lizZard, Bronhi
- Denmark – Ivz, Kyh, Fury, TheKoreanZombie, KSPR
- Russia – Sqreen, TpoH, Yol, yoky,
- Ukraine – Resolut1on
- Germany – Amoment4ever, Exist, rmN, zynxis
- Romania – Keyano, iLLusionisT, Synergy, Masakary, Razvan
- Serbia – Buktop
- Greece – SsaSpartan, Realaxxx, Ill, Thug, Sneaky
- Bulgaria – Hawkeye, PurE_EviL, kikoni, Sava_Doom, slashstrike
- United States – BananaSlamJama, Lokarn, hexenjagd, frozen, slayer
- Turkey – klasynky, l4w, sjok, rNt, mamakclub
- Portugal – Patrão, DarkOgre, Destro, RunNoobsRun, Hendrix
ProDotA National Cup format
- The teams were be placed in 4 groups
- The groups were played in a Round Robin format
- The main event was played in a double elimination format
ProDotA National Cup prize pool
$10.000 main prize pool + 10% from ticket sales.
- 1st place: Romania- $7,000
- 2nd place: Russia- $2,000
- 3rd place: Turkey – $1,000
Leave a Reply