LGD Gaming have impressed with their new roster debut during the StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN, as they took down Vega Squadron, 2:0, in the opening match. The CIS team will now drop to the Lower Brackets, while LGD will move forward in the Upper Brackets. No teams will be eliminated today. The StarLadder iLeague Dota Invitational LAN continues with Virtus.Pro vs. Alliance, at 12:30 CEST, and two other quarterfinals series.
— Vega Squadron (@VegaSquadron) April 14, 2016
The first day of the StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN has begun with the series between LGD and Vega Squadron. It was immediately evident that both teams came to the event ready to prove their new lineups and their worth.
Vega Squadron showed some spark and moments of renewed spirit in their performance. LGD Gaming looked incredibly cohesive and disciplined. This was the first major LAN for LGD’s Xue “September” Zhichuan, and he proved to be instrumental. The Chinese rookie took the challenge head on, without any hesitation, and ended up having a significant impact in the series.
In the end, LGD will advance in the Upper Brackets, as they took a convincing 2:0 sweep over the CIS team.
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN: Upper Bracket Quarterfinals
The series started off with a 60-minute long match filled with intense back and forth swings. Great game coming out from both teams, however LGD was able to take control and push through strongly to the end. Vega had trouble locking down Sun “Agressif” Zheng on Ember Spirit, taking too long to find a way to control him. LGD played patiently, built up their core items, continued to push and wait for opportune times to take their objectives and the first victory.
The second match was shorter. LGD had better vision and therefore better map control over the CIS team, despite Vega having the Beastmaster for Andrey “Mag” Chipenko. LGD continued once again to avoid taking unnecessary risks. After a team wipe about 34 minutes into the game, LGD took the second win and the series.
That's a full five man wipe!
— Capitalist (@DotACapitalist) April 14, 2016
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN results: LGD 2:0 Vega Squadron. LGD Gaming will continue to the Upper Bracket Semifinals, while Vega Squadron will drop to the Lower Brackets.
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN
The StarLadder iLeague Dota Invitational LAN will feature a prize pool of $100,000. The event will take place between April 14-17 at the Kiev Cybersport Arena in the Ukraine.
Eight teams will compete, including reigning champions Alliance. OG, LGD, MVP.Phoenix, Na’Vi and Virtus.Pro have been directly invited. Vega Squadron has secured the European qualifier spot and ViCi Gaming Reborn grabbed the Chinese spot through their victories in the H-Cup.
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN participating teams
- Winner of the European qualifier – Vega Squadron
- Winner of the Chinese qualifier – ViCi Gaming Reborn
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN brackets
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN schedule
Thursday, April 14
- 08:30 CEST – LGD vs. Vega
- 12:00 CEST – Virtus.Pro vs. Alliance
- 15:30 CEST – ViCi Gaming Reborn vs. MVP.Phoenix
- 19:00 CEST – Na’Vi vs. OG
Friday, April 15
- 08:30 CEST – Loser of M1 vs. Loser of M2
- 12:00 CEST – Loser of M3 vs. Loser of M4
- 15:30 CEST – Winner of M1 vs. Winner of M2
- 19:00 CEST – Winner of M3 vs. Winner of M4
Saturday, April 16
- 08:30 CEST – Winner of M5 vs. Loser of M8
- 12:00 CEST – Winner of M6 vs. Loser of M7
- 15:30 CEST – Winner of M9 vs. Winner of M10
- 19:00 CEST – Winner of M7 vs. Winner of M8
Sunday, April 17
- 14:00 CEST– Loser of M12 vs. Winner of M11
- 17:00 CEST – Grand Finals
StarLadder iLeague Invitational LAN format
- Teams will compete in a double elimination bracket.
- All matches are best-of-three series.
- Grand Finals are best-of-five series.
Featured image courtesy of LGD Gaming