Team Secret saw EHOME eliminated in a clean sweep in the ESL One Manila group B elimination series. Team Secret has advanced to the decider game to face Team Empire. The action continues with the ESL One Manila group A decider series between compLexity Gaming and Wings Gaming, at 11:30 CEST.
Secret continue being Secret. They advance to face Empire once again later tonight.. EHOME are going home. #ESLOneManila
— Wykrhm Reddy (@wykrhm) April 23, 2016
In stark contrast to their performance yesterday, Team Secret was on point and much more coordinated. Primed for a rebound today, the European-North American squad did not hold back and unleashed the potential and talent that fans had expected from this roster.
In a quick succession of two games – lasting for a total of one hour both – Team Secret steam-rolled the Chinese team and knocked EHOME out of contention with ease.
EHOME eliminated marks the second team to go home. Mineski was eliminated by compLexity Gaming, 1:2, in the ESL One Manila group A elimination series, earlier today.
ESL One Manila group B: Elimination Series
Team Secret vs. EHOME
The first game started out with Team Secret securing first blood and continued to be heavily one-sided. Team Secret seemed to be on point, their draft was strong and their execution was smooth. EHOME had more difficulty finding a way within the game with their greedy draft.
The second game started out with a first blood by EHOME at the Runes. But with the lack of disables and real initiators to start decent fights, EHOME started to fall behind quickly. Team Secret were spot on with their plays, rotations and quick fingers in casting spells. Being completely overwhelmed in their base, EHOME called GG in only 23 minutes, after a 35:9 score.
ESL One Manila group B: Team Secret 2:0 EHOME. Team Secret continues to the decider match to face Team Empire. EHOME eliminated.
ESL One Manila schedule
All matches will be played back-to-back.
Saturday, April 23rd
- 05:00 CEST – Group A elimination match – compLexity Gaming vs Mineski
- 08:00 CEST – Group B elimination match – Secret vs EHOME
- 11:30 CEST – Group A decider match – Wings vs compLexity
- 14:30 CEST – Group B decider match – Team Empire vs TBD
Sunday, April 24th
- 05:00 CEST – Semifinal two (Group B seed one vs. Group A seed two)
- 08:30 CEST – Semifinal one (Group B seed two vs. Group A seed one)
- 12:00 CEST – Grand finals
ESL One Manila format
- The group stage will be played in a classic GSL format.
- The eight participating teams will be split up into two groups of four.
In each group, the teams will play best-of-three matches, as shown below:
Match one: Team A vs. Team B
Match two: Team C vs. Team D
Winners’ match (WM): Winner of match one vs. winner of match two – winner advances to semifinals
Elimination match (EM): Loser of match one vs. loser of match two – loser drops out
Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM – winner advances to semifinals and loser drops out
- Four teams will advance into the playoffs.
- Four teams will be eliminated in the group stage.
- During the playoffs, four teams will play a single-elimination bracket.
- The Grand Finals will be best-of-five series, with no winners’ advantage.