ESL One Manila Americas slot has been awarded to compLexity Gaming after the NA team easily swept through the Peruvian team 3:0 in the grand finals. compLexity Gaming is the first team to qualify for the event. ESL One Manila will be held from April 22-24 featuring a $250,000 prize pool and eight teams – Team Secret, EHOME, Team Liquid and five teams from the various regions still to be determined.
— compLexity Gaming (@compLexityLive) February 16, 2016
ESL One Manila Americas
ESL One Manila Americas slot has finally been determined. compLexity Gaming were able to easily take their place as the America representatives in the main event being held from April 22-24 in Manila, Philippines.
Both compLexity Gaming and Ewolves were the tier 1 direct invites to the ESL One Manila Americas qualifiers, giving them direct access into the second round.
compLexity Gaming advanced to the grand finals after sweeping through Infamous (Peruvian team formed by members of Unknown.xiu) 2:0. They then proceeded to best Digital Chaos 2:1.
EWolves were able to cruise through to the grand finals without suffering a single loss. They swept through both Shazam and Archon 2:0.
The US based team will be traveling to the Philippines only a month after traveling to China for the Shanghai Major, which is quickly approaching and then Split Croatia in March for Dota Pit Season 4. complexity has been jet setting around the world to participate in numerous LANs lately – making appearances at Game Show Global eSports Cup Season 1 in Vilnius, Lithuania, Star Ladder Star Series Season 13 & i-League Season 4 in Minsk, Belarus and MarsTV Dota 2 League Winter 2015 in China.
The grand finals of the European qualifiers will take place tonight between Na’Vi and Team Empire at 18:00 CET.
ESL One Manila schedule
The new adjusted schedule will extend the tournament by one more day of competition. It will now start on Friday, April 22nd, with the initial group stage games.
ESL One Manila format
ESL One Manila format groupstage
- ESL One Manila group stage will be played in a classic GSL format.
- The eight participating teams will be split up into two groups of four.
In each group, the teams will play best-of-three matches, as shown below:
Match #1: Team A vs. Team B
Match #2: Team C vs. Team D
Winners’ match (WM): Winner of Match #1 vs. winner of Match #2 – winner advances to the Upper Bracket
Losers’ match (EM): Loser of Match #1 vs. loser of Match #2 – loser drops to the Lower Bracket
Decider match: Loser of WM vs. winner of EM – winner advances to the Upper Bracket and loser drops to Lower Bracket
- The group stage will determine the seeding for the main event.
- Four teams will be seeded into the main event Upper Brackets, while the remaining four will start the main event in the Lower Brackets.
- No teams will be eliminated in the group stage.
ESL One Manila format: Main event
- All teams will play a double-elimination bracket.
- Four teams (top two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Upper Bracket.
- Four teams (bottom two teams of each of the groups) will start the main event in the Lower Bracket.
- All the Upper Bracket match-ups will be best-of-three series.
- The first round of the Lower Bracket matches will be best-of-one elimination series. The following rounds will be best-of-three elimination series.
- The Grand Finals will be best-of-five series, with no winners’ advantage.
ESL One Manila teams
ESL One Manila invited teams
- Team Liquid
- Team Secret
ESL One Manila qualified teams
Qualifiers are currently still underway
- ESL One Manila Americas spot: compLexity Gaming
- ESL One Manila European spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila Chinese spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila Filipino spot: TBD
- ESL One Manila SEA spot: TBD
ESL One Manila
On December 8th ESL One announced the organization’s first Dota 2 tournament to be held in Southeast Asia. ESL One Manila will be organized in collaboration with PLDT Fibr and GameX and is Southeast Asia’s first premier esports event.
ESL One Manila will take place between April 22-24, at the Mall of Asia Arena, in Manila, Philippines.
In effort to grow the local scene and showcase regional talent, a local Filipino Dota 2 team will qualify to compete alongside some of the best Dota 2 teams in the world for a $250,000 prize pool.
ESL One Manila tickets
Tickets have gone on sale and are available for prices ranging from $10 for a general admission two-day pass, to $106 for VIP tickets which include free food and drinks, goodie bags, exclusive signing sessions and premium seating in front of the stage.
ESL One Manila will be hosted at the Mall of Asia Arena
The Mall of Asia Arena is an indoor arena within the SM Mall of Asia complex, in Manila, Philippines. A rather new, state-of-the-art building, the arena has only been inaugurated in 2012 and has a seating capacity of 16,000 for sporting events, and a full house capacity of 20,000.