China Top 2016 will take place this upcoming weekend featuring Evil Geniuses, Digital Chaos, Newbee and Wings Gaming. The exclusive invite only event will pit four of the best teams against each other, competing for the ¥ 1,600,000 (~$230,740) prize pool. The two day tournament takes place in Shenzhen, China December 17 and 18th.
This is China’s “first international-oriented, with Chinese characteristics, official comprehensive electric competition”.
The National Cup will give full play to China’s gaming industry in the market advantage to the international event as the core, to create China Top industrial ecosystem, driving and sports-related sports, culture and other industries to upgrade and develop, strengthen the domestic sports Cultural-related industries and the international market, the integration of capital, to promote China’s sports culture consumption is an important force.
The event is being held at The Palace of Prince Gong, known as the “Prince Gong’s Palace, Part of the Qing Dynasty History”
The Dota 2 portion features four of the best teams -Evil Geniuses, Digital Chaos, Newbee and Wings Gaming directly invited to showcase their talents on the new patch Update 7.00.
The teams will compete in a single elimination bracket for the ¥ 1,600,000 (~$230,740) prize pool over the course of two days.
China Top 2016 Teams
- Evil Geniuses
- Digital Chaos
- Wings Gaming
China Top 2016 Format
- Four teams
- Single elimination
- Best-of-three series
China Top 2016 Prize Pool
The prize pool is a total of ¥ 1,600,000 (~$230,740)
- 1st place – ¥ 800,000 (~$115,370)
- 2nd place – ¥ 400,000 (~$576,85)
- 3rd-4th place – ¥ 200,000 (~$28,842)
General Administration of Sport of China
The General Administration of Sport of China is the government agency responsible for sports in China. It is subordinate to the State Council. It also administers the All-China Sports Federation and Chinese Olympic Committe.
Their function is:
- Creating a national sports framework
- Providing development in the sports industry and promoting sports development in rural regions.
- Promote physical activity and exercise participation in Schools, regional and local communities.
- Organizing athletic and national sports events
- Enforcement of drug use and anti-competitive measures
- Liaising and cooperating sports with Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- Organizing international sport events in China
- Support and fund research into the development of sports
- Implementing regulation governing the sports industry, market and best practice