Details about the Nanyang Dota 2 Championships European qualifiers have been released. Eight teams – Team Empire, Alliance, Natus Vincere, Ninjas in Pyjamas, Vega Squadron, 5Jungz, (monkey) Business, and Monkey Freedom Fighters – have been invited to compete in the qualifiers that are set to begin on September 24th, at 18:00 CEST.
Eight European teams have been invited to compete in the Nanyang Dota 2 Championships regional qualifiers. The one team left standing after the qualifiers’ grand finals will join Fnatic, Virtus.Pro, Team Secret, ViCi Gaming, LGD, CDEC, Cloud 9 and two other qualified teams at the Suntec Convention and Event Centre, in Singapore, between October 26th and November 1st. The $200,000 tournament is expected to be the biggest of its kind in the Southeast Asian region.
The European qualifiers will kick off on September 24th, at 18:00 CEST, with the Upper Bracket best-of-three series between Team Empire and 5Jungz, followed by Vega Squadron versus Ninjas in Pyjamas, at 21:00 CEST.
The following day, on September 25th, Na’Vi will go up against (monkey) Business, at 18:00 CEST, while Alliance will face Monkey Freedom Fighters, at 21:00 CEST.
Nanyang Dota 2 Championships European Qualifiers
Eight teams from the European region were directly invited to participate in the qualifiers:
- Team Empire – The Russian organization has parted ways with Maxim “yoky” Kim and Andrey “ALWAYSWANNAFLY” Bondarenko, on August 25th, and welcomed former XX5 player, Ivan “ubah” Kapustin. Team Empire’s new roster includes former Aspera player, Andrei “The_apathy” Aleshkov, and Evgeny “Fervian” Aksenov (formerly of Yellow Submarine), as a substitute.
- Alliance – Alliance have revealed their new roster on August 25th. The all-Swedish lineup includes Johan “Mynuts” Andersson and Gustav “s4” Magnusson, as well as Loda, Akke and AdmiralBulldog.
- Natus Vincere – Na’Vi have welcomed former Kompas Gaming and Yellow Submarine player, Andrew “PSM” Dunaev, on September 2nd. Dendi, XBOCT, Funn1k and SoNNeikO have remained with the Ukrainian organization.
- Ninjas in Pyjamas – The Swedish team has not made any changes to their roster.
- Vega Squadron – Apart from registering two substitute players – Igor “Nexus” Lisakovsky (formerly of sQreen’s Squad and Moscow 5) and Kirill “Sunlight” Kachinsky (formerly of Power Rangers) – the CIS team has not made any roster changes. Vega Squadron have recently qualified for ESL One New York.
- 5Jungz – Kuro “KuroKy” Salehi Takhasomi’s team is comprised of a mix of known professional players, including Lasse “MATUMBAMAN” Urpalainen, Jesse “JerAx” Vainikka, Adrian “FATA-“ Trinks and Ivan “MinD_ContRoL” Borislavov.
- (monkey) Business – Johan “BigDaddy” Sundstein’s new team was revealed on August 28th and includes David “MoonMeander” Tan and Tal “Fly” Aizik, formerly of compLexity Gaming, Amer “Miracle-“ Barqawi and Andreas “Cr1t-“ Franck Nielsen.
- Monkey Freedom Fighters – The MFF mix is comprised of WehSing “SingSing” Yuen, Titouan “PARIS” Merloz, Ionuț “Ar1sE” Turtoi, Sébastien “7ckingMad” Debs, and Yazied “Yapzor” Jaradat.
- Double elimination brackets
- Apart from the first round of the Lower Brackets and the Grand Finals, all the matches will be best-of-three series
- The first round of the Lower Brackets will be best-of-one series
- The Grand Finals will be best-of-five series
Match schedule (September 24-25)
- Team Empire vs. 5Jungz (Bo3) – September 24th, 18:00 CEST
- Vega Squadron vs. Ninjas in Pyjamas (Bo3) – September 24th, 21:00 CEST
- Natus Vincere vs. (monkey) Business (Bo3) – September 25th, 18:00 CEST
- Alliance vs. Monkey Freedom Fighters (Bo3) – September 25th, 21:00 CEST
Nanyang Dota 2 Championships teams
Directly invited teams:
- Team Secret
- ViCi Gaming
- LGD Gaming
- Cloud 9 – Winner of the Americas qualifiers
- TBD – Winner of the Chinese qualifiers
- TBD – Winner of the European qualifiers
- TBD – Winner of the Southeast Asian (Korea included) qualifiers
Nanyang Dota 2 Championships format and schedule
Group stage: October 26 – 27
The 10 teams will be split into two groups of five. The group stage will be played in a best-of-two Round Robin format. At the end of the group stage, eight teams will advance into the playoffs: the top two teams from each group will be seeded into the Upper Bracket, while the 3rd and 4th place teams will start the playoffs in the Lower Bracket.
Playoffs: October 28 – 30
The eight remaining teams will compete in a Double Elimination format. The first two rounds of the Lower Bracket will be best-of-one games. All the other matches will be best-of-three series. The playoffs will be followed by a “rest day”, on October 31st.
Grand Finals: November 1st
The Nanyang Dota 2 Championships LAN Grand Finals will be played as best-of-five series, without any winner’s advantage.
Nanyang Dota 2 Championships in-game ticket
The Nanyang Dota 2 Championships in-game ticket is available for $1.99. 25.0% of the proceeds of each sale contributes to the tournament’s prize pool.
Nanyang Dota 2 Championships prize pool breakdown
- 1st place $100,000 + 48% crowdfunded amount
- 2nd place $50,000 + 24% crowdfunded amount
- 3rd place $25,000 + 12% crowdfunded amount
- 4th place $10,000 + 8% crowdfunded amount
- 5-6 place $7,500 + 4% crowdfunded amount
KeyTV is a Shanghai based esports content producing company, focused on creating high quality esports content, such as tournaments, team videos, gaming livestreams and rebroadcasted content. The Chinese company employs a team of highly experienced videographers, pre/post-production editors, writers and directors, casters and models. KeyTV’s most recent event was the VPGame Professional Invitational, with a prize pool of $24,500. ViCi Gaming claimed the championship title, in April. Additional events include, but are not limited to: assistance during DAC, MSI Beat it, and WEC.
Further information is available on the Nanyang Dota 2 Championships website.