LGD is the first team to qualify for the Shanghai Major in China, after decisively taking down Invictus Gaming.Vitality, 2:0, in the Shanghai Major Qualifiers China Upper Brackets. The veteran squad will join OG, Team Secret, Evil Geniuses, EHOME, ViCi Gaming, CDEC, Virtus.Pro, Alliance and now Fnatic (the winner of the SEA Qualifiers) for the main event set to take place between March 2-6, at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai, China. One more team from China and two teams from each of the other regions will qualify to compete for the $3 million prize-pool.
The first team to qualify from the Chinese Qualifiers for #ShanghaiMajor is LGD GAMING!
— Qualifiers Oracle (@Dota2Qualifiers) January 9, 2016
LGD swept through Invictus Gaming.Vitality, 2:0, in the Shanghai Major Qualifiers China Upper Bracket finals, to secure their place in the Shanghai Major main event.
After besting Newbee, 2:1, earlier in the day, LGD Gaming advanced to the Upper Bracket finals to face Invictus Gaming’s youth squad.
IG.Vitality had wiped out CDEC.A, 2:0, sending the other youth squad to the Lower Brackets before advancing to the Upper Bracket finals.
LGD’s experience proved to be too much for the youth squad to handle. While the first match was fairly even, the second one was a complete domination by LGD, with Liu “Sylar” Jiajun having an incredible game on Lycan.
IG.Vitality have advanced to the Lower Brackets finals and will face the winning team between Newbee and CDEC.A for a final shot at the second Dota Major.
The matches resume on January 10th, at 07:30 CET, and are expected to be intense, as the teams continue their quest within the second stage of the Shanghai Major Qualifiers China – the double elimination brackets.
Shanghai Major Qualifiers China results
Shanghai Major Qualifiers China format
- The ten teams have been divided into two Round Robin groups of five.
- Top two teams will advance to a double elimination bracket.
- First place team will start in the Upper Brackets.
- Runner-up team will start in the Lower Brackets.
- Playoffs are double elimination brackets.
- The first and second place teams from the Shanghai Major China Qualifiers will advance to the main event in Shanghai, China.
Shanghai Major Qualifiers China groups
Shanghai Major Qualifiers China schedule
Sunday, January 10th
- 07:30 CET – Newbee vs. CDEC.A
- 10:30 CET – IG.Vitality vs. TBD
Shanghai Major Qualifiers China streams
The Shanghai Major China Qualifiers will be broadcast in English as part of the coverage provided by Beyond the Summit in their “insanity hub”.
- The Beyond the Summit Twitch channel will provide coverage of select group stage matches from all four regions.
The Shanghai Major China Qualifiers series have begun at 03:00 CET, on Thursday, January 7th, and will end on January 10th.