The first day of the Frankfurt Dota Major European qualifiers has come to an end. Team Liquid is sitting at the top of their group without having suffered a single loss so far. Alliance are tied with Liquid, with two wins and one loss, having played an extra game. Ninjas in Pyjamas top their group, being the only team to claim a series win so far. STARK Esports are sitting in last, without any victories yet. The second day of the Round Robin group stage will pick up again today, at 12:00 CEST.
A long and eventful day has concluded for the Frankfurt Dota Major European qualifiers group stage. After the first day of matches, Group A seems like the tougher one out of the two groups.
Alliance looked better than they have in recent times, while Team Liquid quickly established themselves as a formidable opponent.
STARK had a disappointing first day and will no doubt work to change the tides. Group B is looking a bit more balanced, as the teams are drawing more ties, with no one team clearly dominating the others.
The matches resume today, at 12:00 CEST, and are expected to be intense as the teams continue to cruise towards the second stage of the qualifiers: the double elimination brackets.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 1
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 1, Group A
- 4CL 1:1 Empire – Although the first game started out with first blood for Team Empire, 4CL were able to dominate the entire game with ease, using their Tiny-Io combo to control the map and have mobility. Empire were looking much stronger in the second game. They managed to capitalize on the momentum and seize the second game of the series.
- Alliance 2:0 STARK – Alliance took a strong gank and fight lineup, crushing STARK as they snowballed to the end of the first game. Gustav “s4” Magnusson’s amazing game on Batrider and Jonathan “Loda” Berg’s Naga were able to give Alliance the advantage to secure the second win, as well.
- Liquid 2:0 4C&L – Adrian “FATA-“ Trinks’ Queen of Pain and Lasse “MATUMBAMAN” Urpalainen’s Ember Spirit were the key factors to determine the sheer dominance of the first game for Team Liquid. Another crushing game from Team Liquid would become a bloodbath with a staggering 50:30 kill score in 47 minutes.
- Empire 0:2 Alliance – Empire started out the game with the advantage, but Loda was farming away on Wraith King and Alliance managed to turn the game quickly to their favor, giving Empire no chance to stop them. Alliance ended the game in 26 minutes. With a perfect game by Loda on Chaos Knight and another fantastic game from s4 on Queen of Pain, Alliance outplayed Team Empire to land their second victory.
- Alliance 0:2 Liquid – The first game started out in favor of Team Liquid, but Alliance were able to seize the lead about 20 minutes into the game. The Swedes were looking strong, expanding on their lead, but after a few mistakes on their part, Liquid managed to turn the game around and quickly end it in their favor.
- STARK 0:2 Empire – STARK started strong in the first game, taking the lead, but Empire managed to overcome them, as Maxim “yoky-“Kim’s TA became unstoppable. The Tiny-Io combo once again prevailed, and yoky- gave another powerful performance.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 1, Group B
- Na’Vi 1:1 CISR – During the first game of the series, CISR went with the Tiny-Io combo. Bogdan “Iceberg” Vasilenko did incredibly well on his Tiny, and CISR were able to seize the first game. The second game was an entirely different story, with Na’Vi dominating and easily destroying CISR from the start, on the back of incredible performances by Alexander “XBOCT” Dashkevich and Gleb “Funn1k” Lipatnikov.
- NiP 2:0 NLG – The first game gave Adrian “Era” Kryeziu the EmberSpirit, which seemed to be a significant factor in their victory. The second game was very quick and one-sided, as NiP managed to provide Era with a 10-minute Radiance on his Alchemist and end the game in 25 minutes. The Lycan pick for MATUMBAMAN turned out perfect for the team, as they were able to effectively use him to secure the win.
- Monkey 1:1 NiP – (monkey) Business dominated the first game thanks to some clutch graves by Tal “Fly” Aizik on Dazzle and a perfect performance by Amer “Miracle-“ al-Barqawi on Anti-Mage. (monkey) Business lost their lead in the second game due to Jonas “jonassomfan” Lindholm and Linus “Limmp” Blomdin taking charge and turning the game in their favor.
- NLG 1:1 Na’Vi – Na’Vi seized control of the first game with XBOCT on Anti-Mage. The second game – although the laning phase was clearly in Na’Vi’s favor – went in the way of NLG, as they managed to execute their strategy well and give Steve “Excalibur” Ye the ability to overpower his Shadow Fiend to an unstoppable point.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers format
- The ten teams have been divided into two Round Robin groups of five.
- Top two teams will advance to a double elimination bracket.
- First place team will start in the Upper Bracket.
- Runner-up team will start in the Lower Bracket.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers match points
- Matches are best-of-two series.
- If a team wins by 2-0, it is awarded 3 points.
- If the match goes 1-1, each team is awarded 1 point.
- Top two teams will advance to a double elimination bracket.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers schedule
Sunday, October 11th
- 12:00 CEST – 4C&L vs. Alliance
- 12:00 CEST – Liquid vs. STARK
- 14:30 CEST – CISR vs. NLG
- 14:30 CEST – Na’Vi vs. Monkey
- 17:00 CEST – STARK vs. 4C&L
- 17:00 CEST – Empire vs. Liquid
- 19:30 CEST – Monkey vs. CISR
- 19:30 CEST – NiP vs. Na’Vi
- 22:00 CEST – NLG vs. Monkey
- 22:00 CEST – CISR vs. NiP
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers streams
The Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers will be broadcast in English as part of the coverage provided by The Sweden Hub, a mix of talent from ASUS ROG DreamLeague, joinDOTA and Moonduck Studios, starting at 12:00 CEST, on October 10th. Beyond the Summit will also broadcast a selection of games.
- All matches covered from the Monster Energy DreamHack Studios will be broadcast on the DreamLeague Twitch channel.
- The Beyond the Summit Twitch channel will provide coverage of select group stage matches.
The Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers series will begin at 12:00 CEST, on Saturday, October 10th, and end on October 13th.