Moonduck Studios have presented their first tournament series, set to begin on September 17th. The Elimination Mode will be adding a twist to the conventional tournament game mode, allowing heroes to be picked and banned only one time during each series. Eight teams from the NA and EU regions will battle it out for the $10,000 prize pool.
Moonduck Presents Elimination Mode https://t.co/s6hNVAfuuc
— moonduckTV (@moonduckTV) September 14, 2015
Moonduck Studios, in partnership with Twitch TV, has announced the studio’s debut tournament – Elimination Mode. The event will be played in a new game mode, in which heroes can only be banned or picked once per series. By the end of the tournament’s best-of-five grand finals, potentially only ten heroes will be remaining in the selection pool.
The unique tournament will begin on Thursday, September 17th, at 18.00 CEST and conclude on Sunday, September 20th.
Moonduck.tv’s podcast series “What the Duck” will debut also on September 17th, just prior to the start of the competition, at 16.00 CEST.
Elimination Mode teams
- 4 Clovers & Lepricon
- 4 Anchors & Sea Captain
- complexity Gaming
- Digital Chaos
- High Council of Wizards & Priests
- Monkey Freedom Fighters*
*One of the two teams will participate.
Elimination Mode format and brackets
- The bracket splits into two sides, North America versus Europe, guaranteeing a NA versus EU Grand Final
- Heroes can only be banned and picked one time during each series
- All matches will be best-of-three
- Grand finals will be best-of-five
Elimination Mode schedule
Day 1 – September 17
- 16:00 CEST – What the Duck podcast
- 18:00 CEST – 4CL vs. 4ASC
- 21:00 CEST – DC vs. Fire
Day 2 – September 18
- 18:00 CEST – TBD vs. TBD
- 21:00 CEST – coL vs. HCWP
Day 3 – September 19
- 18:00 CEST – EU finals
- 21:00 CEST – NA finals
Day 4 – September 20
- 19:00 CEST – Grand Finals (Bo5)
Elimination Mode prize pool
The total prize pool of $10,000 will be split as follows:
- 1st place: $6,000
- 2nd place: $2,000
- 3rd/4th place: $1,000
Elimination Mode broadcast
The event will be streamed on Moonduck’s twitch channel.
The concept and realization of moonduck.TV was initiated by Shannon “SUNSfan” Scotten. SUNSfan is the Co-owner and founder of DotaCinema, and most recently the founder of Digital Chaos, the organization supporting Kurtis “Aui_2000” Ling’s new team.
While the studio and agency will focus primarily on live coverage of Dota 2 tournaments, they will also host tournaments and be a talent agency to foster growth in the Dota 2 scene.
moonduck.TV Talent and staff
- Andrew “Zyori” Campbell – Host
- Owen “ODPixel” Davies – Commentator
- Shannon “SUNSfan” Scotten – Commentator
- Andy “Draskyl” Stiles – Commentator and Analyst
- Kevin “Purge” Godec – Commentator and Analyst
- Troels “syndereN” Nielsen – Commentator and Analyst
- Travis “Maut” Bueno – Commentator and Observer
- Jonathan “PimpmuckL” Liebig – Observer and Producer
- Jake “SirActionSlacks” Kanner – Interviewer and Coverage
- Nikki “Sajedene” Elise – Agent and Legal Advisor
- Susann “meruna” Berger – Management and Accounting
Leave a Reply